Monday 27 March 2017

Final Presentation

About Me:
  My name is Michael Chan and I am from HongKong, I am currently 19 years old, I can speak Cantonese, English but not good and a little bit Korean and Japanese. I really like k-pop that’s why I learn Korean, I like the style of their album cover design. I started to learn graphic design since last
year when I studied foundation in Coventry University. This is my second year learning graphic
design so it is quite difficult for me that I never leant in my high school.

How I am different from others?
  I have black hair and eyes, I can speak Cantonese or a bit of Korean and Japanese, I come from an Asia country (HONGKONG), English is not my first language and I am bad in that. And I lived in HongKong for more than 18 years.

My first year studied in UK:
  I studied foundation in Coventry University and I really enjoyed the foundation course and I started 
to know more about The UK, for example the life, weather or places in here, also, I met a lot of friends. However, I really hate the weather in here because the wind is too "STRONG" and always made my hair become messy.

Before I came to Leeds:
  I needed to practice English as it isn’t my first language. Also, I went to Korea to visit my friends in there and looked at different things/buildings in there and tried to get inspiration, it was really unforgettable because I met my friends in there and it was my third times to been there. I visited to famous place in HongKong(大澳 Tai O) with my family as a daily trip. When I came back to UK, I went to Coventry and packed all my things and then bring to here.

First Day in LCA:
  When I first came LCA to meet other people from the same course, I felt very very sad because I
couldn’t see other Asian student, it doesn’t like my foundation year, most students were Korean
or Japan, even we were still from different country but the culture are quite similar and all of our 
English are “BAD” also, I can communicate to them by using my weak Korean and Japanese.
However, the first day I came to LCA I felt really scary because I worried that if they could 
understand my “Bad” English or not. Therefore, I didn’t feel happy at that moment, however, I met
a group of people they were local people and they were really nice to me, they taught or correct
my English mistakes, therefore, I didn’t feel that sad since that time.

Become a “REAL UNI STUDENT”:
-It is totally different with my foundation course, I have more independent time
-I have to work much harder and produce better quality works
-I must improve my English all the time because it doesn’t like foundation, tutors won’t help you
all the time

First project over the course:
  I felt very excited with my first project over the course as it was our first project in LCA. Therefore, I was so worried about that. Luckily that the result wasn’t too bad so I felt really happy about that. After the logo brand project, I designed a full typeface in upper case by used the word “Lucky”. In this project, I liked the idea using horse shoe with the word Lucky, also, before I did that project, I didn’t know that the horse shoe represent lucky in here, just people told me so I learnt that from this project which I thought it was really interested.

Made my own booklet:
  For the module 404, I have to make a booklet about pentone for a street in Leeds, that was my first time to make my own booklet so I wasn’t sure how I should made it so I asked my friends about the process and then I made by own. It was really fun that I produced my first booklet even it doesn’t look well but I feel quite happy. Since I made my first booklet, I got some experience how to make a
book so I felt more confidence to make my second booklet. I felt more interesting that time because I could produce a booklet with any theme, as I love k-pop so much so I made a booklet about k-pop. I 
really enjoyed this task because I this is what I want to do in the future.

Self Branding Project
  I really like this self branding project because it was mainly about ourself. I am so glad that I am from HongKong and no one know about HongKong more than me. Therefore, I also made my self branding related to HK. Basically, the aims of my self branding was to introduce more Hong Kong culture to western people. I really like the idea that introducing the Hong Kong culture to western people as it is totally different with western culture. Making my self branding related to Hong Kong can make myself more special as I am only the Asian in the class. Sometimes, I also taught my friends Cantonese so if you want to know more things about Cantonese or HongKong you can ask me anytime:).

What I want to achieve in Level 5
-Improve my English, able to speak better
-Improve my software skill such as using Photoshop and illustrator better
-Produce a better quality of works 

What I want to do after graduate
-I will go back to HongKong and eat many food
-I want to work as a graphic designer in Korea, may be working for the k-pop album cover
design as I really like that
-I can speak Korean well so that I can work in Korea easier


  I did a really simple mockup of a k-pop album cover with my favourite k-pop idol group "I.O.I", I did this really simple because many people said in my previous designs, I worked quite complex so I want to work really simple in this mockup, I just used type with the logo in this design.


                                     

  As it is my interest in graphic design, I designed some album covers as well, I tried to work with object but I thought it doesn't look really good, also, I did both colour for the other cover, I quite like the colour, I hope I can improve my adobe skill so that I can produce a better quality of works in the future. 













No comments:

Post a Comment