Wednesday 16 November 2016

First experience of letterpress

26/10/2016
First experience of letterpress

   I did my first letterpress experience today, I wanted to practice the skill of letterpress and wanted to see what will I produce. It was really interesting during the letterpress even though it made our hands very dirty, the outcome looks very good.


  As this was my first time to do letterpress so I felt quite challenging at the beginning. I forgot some steps during my experience so I asked the staff to help me. He was very kind to help me and explained the reason why to do that step to me. Therefore, I learnt some interesting things in that day.


  In this step, I think it was the most difficult part because I didn't know why the letters kept flow down, when I asked the staff about that, he said I couldn't press with too much force. So I just did it again and again until the letters didn't flow down. It took me about 30 mins to do that.






  





  As this was my first time to do the letterpress so I made a mistake in my first output, I rotated the order which mean I made the sentence like "Labihs yas tnod". So I just did it again.
  Overall, it was really a good experience for me because if I didn't have a real experience about letterpress, I won't be able to know how to do letterpress and I learned a lot of things from it so that I can sure I won't make the same mistake in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment