Tuesday 16 April 2019

Email to studio visit

I sent some emails to different studios and asked if I could visit their studio to gain and learn some experience, unfortunately, it was more complicated than what I thought because I couldn't get their reply or some just rejected my request because of some reason.

At the first stage, I was really struggling because here is the UK but not in Hong Kong or other Asian countries, therefore, I felt really struggling and uncomfortable. Hence, I asked one of my tutor-John Watters to guide and help me as he knows about my interests, problems, etc. Therefore, asking for his help is really helpful for my learning.

I sent the emails to some studios around Leeds that is doing branding design as it is one of my interest areas. I looked at their website before I sent the emails to them because their works are really inspiring to me which I think I can learn something from them. Unlikely, I wasn't able to visit their studios.

Also, as here is the UK, I couldn't find any studio or mesuems that's producing works related to Japanese animes, however, I will definitely visit some studios and mesuems that doing a similar thing as Japanese anime in Hong Kong when I go back in summer as there will be a lot easier to find studios and mesuems doing Japanese anime in Hong Kong.

Basically, I am more confident contacting to westerners by email because of the language barrier, if I talk with them through phone, I feel really struggling because I always feel difficult to communicate with others by phone and I don't like it, hence, I always prefer to communicate to westerners by email as I can also keep the records easily. However, I don't feel any difficult when communicating with Asian because we have a similar level of English. Of course, that is the main problem which I really need to tackle and I am trying hard to tackle it.
(6D2)














No comments:

Post a Comment