Thursday 25 April 2019

Module evaluation

This module is basically about my personal career, branding, and interest. I really like working on this module because this is a really great platform to develop ourselves rather than just working on uni's works. Therefore, this module is really useful to build up our career in the future and after graduation. It allows us to make a good plan of what we need to do afterward, otherwise, I am sure most of us don't really sure what to do in the future.

During the module, I am really happy to develop my own branding, as a professional designer, we should have our own branding to promote our works and show to different clients. Usually, I just design brands for the clients, while, this time was about myself. Therefore, everything that I made represents to me. I really like everything that I made for my personal branding, especially the illustration in the anime style of myself.

I made a clean plan that I really want to do after graduation, I will keep practicing my illustration skill if I want to work on this industry. Studying the Japanese language is the compulsory thing if I want to study aboard in Japan. In this year, I joined the Japanese society at "University of Leeds" and I met a lot of Japanese friends which is one of the best things I have done over this year.

Overall, I think I become more independent and professional in this year, we have more independent study day in this year, usually, we just need to go back to university on Monday and Friday, the rest is just working independently. I remember during the first year, we need to go back to university from Monday to Friday and most of the days were from 9:30am to 3:30pm. However, this year, we just need to stay around one day from 10:00am to 3:30pm. I spent most of my time working in studio and accommodation rather than having a lecture so I think it is the main difference compared with the previous two years as we are more "professional".

No matter the time-planning and quality of the briefs that I did this year, I think is better than before and that is what we want to achieve as a student. What I feel quite sad is when I sent the emails to some studios, I couldn't get a reply or they don't allow me to visit their studios. However, when I go back to Hong Kong, I will definitely visit some studios, workshops, and galleries extend my knowledge and skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment