Monday 7 May 2018

Creative report interviews evaluation


  I did three email interviews to different types of people (Client, Freelancer and professional in the design industry). The client is the one I worked for his Japanese restaurant (Design logos for his restaurant), the freelancer is my secondary school teacher in Hong Kong, she is doing freelancer as a illustrator. While, the last one is a professional illustrator designer/ freelancer in the UK. I was really impressive from the interviews, I can get more feedback about my works from my client and more information in the design industry from different designers which I think is really inspiring in my own creative practice.
  Basically, I asked some simple questions at the beginning if I don't know that person because it seems more friendly and make the interview be more informal and friendly. It was my first time doing interview to a professional so I felt really scary to be honest, luckily tutor helped me a lot and the person I interviewed were very nice and helpful so I was able to complete the interview easily.
  It was really difficult to contact people especially the professional as they are really busy so I couldn't get some of the reply as well. Therefore, I think this was the hardest part through this creative report project. However, I think it was really funny because I got a lot of inspiration from different people which I can learn from them and make my creative practice better, it is really really useful. But what I think I can do better is definitely trying to do video interview next time so that it can build up my confident speaking a foreign language to someone that I don't know. 
  Overall, it was a challenging task but also a funny task. Due to the fact that it was really hard to contacting with people especially professional as they are really busy so I couldn’t get some reply as well. Moreover, I was really nervous doing a video interview because of the language barrier. Hence, I mainly did the interview through email but I know I must tackle this problem in someday. But the funny part is that I could met new friends, professionals which they can give many informations about this industry to me so that I can understand more about it and it may be easier for me when I start to work in this industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment