Friday 4 May 2018

Vital Tips For Effective Logo Design

  I looked a online article when I using Facebook, I found it was really inspiring, it talks about what should be a professional logo, for example what things need and what things should not appear, etc. 
  According to the article, it said a good logo is distinctive, appropriate, practical, graphic and simple in form, and it conveys the owner’s intended message. A concept or “meaning” is usually behind an effective logo, and it communicates the intended message. A logo should be able to be printed at any size and, in most cases, be effective without colour. A great logo essentially boils down to two things: great concept and great execution. 
  The process is almost same as how I am doing in uni, basically identify the brief first and then do a range of research to start my design. I found 5 factors that make an effective logo design which are "Simple", "Memorable", "Timeless", "Versatile" and "Appropriate". Simplicity makes a logo design easily recognisable, versatile and memorable. WhileAn effective logo design should be memorable, which is achieved by keeping it simple yet appropriate. An effective logo works across a variety of media and applications. For this reason, logos should be designed in vector format, to ensure that they scale to any size. The last, the logo should be appropriate for its intended audience. For example, a child-like font and colour scheme would be appropriate for a logo for a children's toy store, not so much for a law firm.
  Once I looked at this article, it gave me a lot of senses about designing an effective and professional logo. I believe it will inspire me a lot in my practice and creative industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment