Monday 7 May 2018

People that I interviewed his favourite artist

  I did an interview with Phil Munroe who is an illustrator/designer, in my interview, I asked him a question that who is his favourite artist that inspired him the most. His favourite artist is Quentin Blake. I want to do some research about this artist so may be I can find some inspiration from it.


  Quentin Blake was born in the suburbs of London in 1932 he went to Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School, followed by National Service.  Then he studied English at Downing College, Cambridge, going on to do a postgraduate teaching diploma at the University of London, followed by life-classes at Chelsea Art School.
  Basically, he works as an illustrator, as well as teaching for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art, where he was head of the Illustration department from 1978 to 1986. His first drawings were published in Punch while he was 16 and still at school.
  I like the simple style of his illustrations/artworks, it looks simple but attractive, especially the colour tone of the drawing, it looks realistic. I think his illustrations is really suitable being children's book cover because I am sure it looks attractive to child. When I looked at his works, I feel like I am reading different children books. 




No comments:

Post a Comment